Do you know what is in app advertising? Some of you might be wanting to promote your business advertising on a mobile application. For further details, let’s have a quick look what exactly is in app advertising and how it works.
The scope of In App Advertising increased with the evolution of wireless mobile technologies and high performing smartphones and tablets. Just because these gadgets have made a serious change in our life styles, many people spend a lot of time with their wireless devices every day. As a result, this has changed the marketing principle and practice too.
What is in app advertising?
According to the emarketer.com, Mobile Ad Spend in the year 2016 has crossed $100 Billion Worldwide which is 51% of the Digital Market. On the other hand, BI Intelligence anticipates that the United States alone will spend around $42 billion in 2018 on mobile advertising alone.
In fact, this is increasing significantly every day. In addition to this, smartphones and tablets are being used extensively all over the world. Due to the rise in the use of such wireless devices, this has significantly increased the use of mobile applications as well. The marketers are keen to utilise this trend by approaching their potential customers with the help of mobile applications.
On the other hand, the price of smartphone or tablets and the service provider’s data plan is falling every year. For this reason, the use of Mobile applications is just increasing giving a lot of room for marketers to spend money on advertising and marketing in Mobile apps. In addition to this, the marketers can directly communicate to their audience without bearing any loss or facing a risk of rejection.
Types of ad campaigns for in app advertising
There are various mobile ad networks offering in app advertising campaigns and charging advertiser according to the specific action. Basically, there are five major types of ad campaigns as listed below:
- CPM (Cost Per Mile), the advertiser is charged for every 1,000 times display of their ads
- CPC (Cost Per Click), the advertiser is charged for each click made on his ads
- CPI (Cost Per Install), for every install of application, advertiser is charged
- CPA (Cost Per Action), the advertiser will have to pay charge for any specific action by the user
- CPV (Cost Per View), charge on the basis of the video ad number of views
Formats of various in app advertisements
For the purpose of advertising, there are four different formats for creating advertisements in mobile ad networks such as:
- Banner ad – A static or an animated image of predefined size that appears in a mobile app interface
- Interstitial ad – A fixed time full screen app in a host application
- Native ad- A video or a banner image that have similar functionalities of the running mobile app
- Offer Wall – An advertisement display’s several deals and offers engaging its audience
There are various mobile ad networks such as:
- Opera Mediaworks
- Unity Ads
- Epom and much more
In conclusion, you learnt little bit basics about the in ad advertisement. After all, you just need to add a few lines of text, video or an image, placed on a mobile application, someone you are looking for will find you.